This was my first piece of work on my first day of the first year of my degree. Four years ago.
Archives For February 2013
Disagree with the terminology, but by god do I agree with those sweet sweet aesthetics.
Who knew the German Civil Code could look so beautiful?
[X] — A powerful series on Chicago’s unsafe structures by Gabriel Michael.
Hong Kong’s cramped living conditions; a bird’s eye view.
Riverview Park: An immersive article on a Chicago stalwart.
I for one welcome our new robot overlords: DaVinci Robot Surgery Injury Claims.
MOCAtv’s new season looks pretty damn good.
Excellent Lego replica of the Ghostbuster’s HQ.
RC Car race through a cardboard city.
Pizza on Film: a Supercut
• I made this triptych of Kerouac book covers based on old European woodcuts. Each one represents one book that Kerouac wrote during his stint at the Desolation Peak fire lookout post; hereafter referred to as “The Peak Trilogy”
• The triptych can be placed in any order to create a custom ‘Mountain Range’
• They’re going to be printed on 4×6 cards so they’re easy to frame
• I haven’t decided how I’m going to print them yet, it could even be a linocut! (Cool, right?)
• I AM GOING TO GIVE A FRAMED SET OF THREE FINISHED PRINTS AWAY TO ONE LUCKY WINNER. All you have to do is answer this question:
Each image above represents one of the three books Kerouac wrote on Desolation Peak: Which is which?
Answers in the comments, one entry per person. If you get it wrong; tough shit. Good luck!
Doing some work on a Kerouac project.